Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Aarghhh, my desk...

... is an absolute mess! There are stacks of poetry books, urban plans and design guidelines, insurance paperwork, take-home work, stamps, magazines, reference books, a note from my long lost aunt in Sweden, a box half full of Riverfall books, drawings from my daughters, notes from my wife, Irish stamps (barnacle goose), random uncapped pens, my folder of current poetry projects, my daughter's less weathered folder of her poetry, an outdated list of press contacts for Terrain.org, and dozens of random business cards.

Thankfully (he says now...) we will brave the blazing May heat of Phoenix this Memorial Day weekend and drive up to Ikea to purchase some much needed shelves for our front room, which will provide even more-needed shelf space for our shared den.

Okay, and now for a quiz, with a prize. Jake Adam York is not eligible.... Who is my 'all-time' favorite poet. Hint: He's no longer alive (well, that's two hints when you think about it now, isn't it?)?

The first person to answer correctly gets a free copy of my book, Riverfall, plus free shipping (a combined $17.26 value, given the current rate of exchange)!

Simmons

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

A wild guess: William Carlos William?

gina said...

Whitman?

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Neither Williams nor Whitman. He passed away in 2001...

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Okay, another hint: He often prospected, wrote of a mansion, but in his later years wrote garbage.

Suzanne said...

AR Ammons?

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Yes, A.R. Ammons it is! Perhaps that last hint was too easy?

Suzanne, send me your mailing address and I'll get Riverfall in the mail to you: sb at riverfall - com. Thanks for playing along!

gina said...

YAY Suzanne!!! I'm thrilled! Ammons was my teacher (and Jake's). Oh, I miss him. --So it is, we have more than desert in common. Favorite poets too.

Very cool.

g.

Suzanne said...

Yay!!