Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Anyone know what happened to...

The Zuzu's Petals Literary Resources? Everytime I've gone there in the last few months (or more)---http://www.zuzu.com/---I get a "Forbidden" error. Sounds enticing in its Eden-like allusion (is that a word?), but I fear dire consequences for this great 'ol (in web years, anyway) gal.

*****

Just received a copy of Dan Chiras' new book EcoKids: Raising Children Who Care for the Earth, in which yours truly is quoted (pages 29 and 93-94, but who's counting?!).

My input is based on a survey Dan conducted many moons ago. I had forgotten about the survey until receiving the book. Much has happened since then, most significantly my mother passing away last September. As I read through the passages where the book mentions her, from my responses on the survey---either direct or indirect quotes---I am honored that the references to my mother have been included, and moved when I recall just how much of a powerful influence she was on me and my environmental ethics, and how we in turn parent our children. It is a tribute to her, certainly.

Hopefully we'll excerpt the book in the next issue of Terrain.org, which comes out in September.

*****

Speaking of Terrain.org, we're still accepting poetry for our upcoming "Metropolitan Mosaic" issue. Consider submitting: www.terrain.org/about/submit.htm. It promises to be another outstanding issue, and it does get a lot of visibility---about 200,000 visits (that's serious time spent on the site, not individual "hits") every issue.

Thanks,

Simmons

No comments: