Thursday, June 23, 2005

New Eyes?

I purchased a new contact solution (I have absolutely terrible vision) yesterday, used it last night and this morning, and it's like I have new eyes. My physical vision is not any better (though no cloudiness which I often get in the a.m.), but it's like everyone is beautiful this morning. There are gods and goddesses walking the hallways of the university where I work! I feel like Walt Whitman, and want to sing!

And it's not just physical beauty---I'm feeling much more acute, alive, aware. I can even sense the countless whirling whorling microcosisms of the universe floating all around....

Which means either this is the beginning, or this is the end.... Either way, let's explore!

(On a darker note, there's this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8331097/.)

But let's not leave on that note. Let's leave on this: Rain last night, and maybe the skeptics themselves have turned. Maybe the desert monsoons will come early this year. Maybe the skies will peel and the raindrops of heaven itself will replenish the desert as the cool water replenishes our dry but glowing souls?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hey, I could get used to that type of vision myself!

I read that article yesterday, I can't believe it, I really can't.

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Yeah, with that kind of vision, I should have been smart enough to ditch work and come home and write a poem...! Good vision, cloudy judgement?!