Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Reading Sunday!

In order to entice any readers out there within driving distance, I'm including some photos from my poetry reading/slideshow this Sunday, June 26, at 7 p.m. at the Civano neighborhood center in southeast Tucson, Arizona. All are invited to come, and of course it's free! It's a part of the Civano Speakers Series, and is my first official reading following the launch of Riverfall (which you'll be able to purchase and have signed following the reading).

Here's an indigo bunting, for the poem of the same name. This is a multimedia experience, so expect some birdsong....


My daughter Ann-Elise will read a few of her short poems, including "Sun and Moon."

A little bit of my own digital collage work now---in this case, pinyon jays at the Great Salt Lake.

We'll stroll around my yard to see some May wildflowers for the new poem "In May I Consider My Websites."

We'll start the reading, just as we start our earthly journeys, in water. We'll end in light, as most of us hope to do!

Have questions or need directions? Feel free to contact me through my website at http://www.riverfall.com. I hope to see many folks there!

Simmons

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I keep coming back to your Bunting. He's gorgeous. :-)

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Yeah, that's a great photo. Too bad I didn't take it, but only, um, "borrowed" it from the web. ;~)