Monday, August 01, 2005

Reading List

Here's the list of poems I'm going to try to cram into my half-hour reading this Friday evening at the UA's Poetry Center in Tucson.* I will introduce each of the poems, as well, so I will indeed be cramming a lot together (though I hope not too much). If you're around, please join me and fellow poet Annie Guthrie!

Overall Theme of My Reading: Natural Selection, in 3 parts:

1. Natural Selection

- "Indigo Bunting"
- "A Body of Water"
- "Groundwater"
- "The Last Harvest"

2. Darwin's Voyage

- "Letter from Charles Darwin to His Sister, Letter No. 1"
- "Letter from Charles Darwin to His Sister, Letter No. 2"
- "Letter from Charles Darwin to His Sister, Letter No. 3"

3. Myth-Making

- "The Bone"
- "Coming Into Premeditated Light"
- "PiƱon Jays Drinking at Great Salt Lake"
- "Coyote"

All poems from Riverfall. I thought about reading one or two new poems, but there's not really enough time. I'll be selling/signing books too, of course!

* As always, the reading list is subject to change!

No comments: