Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Good Haul

Not much time for blogging even though---ironically, perhaps---I've got this entire week off work. But I'm working as hard as ever in getting ready for my "Writing the Infosphere: Poetry, the Web, and You" workshop offered on Saturdays from January 21 through February 25 at the University of Arizona Poetry Center. Want to join me? Go to www.terrain.org/infosphere.

Before that, though, I'm reading and signing books at the Tattered Cover LoDo in Denver on January 9. Driving up, I think, and hoping for no snow over Raton Pass. My partner in crime will be Colorado Springs poet Lois Beebe Hayna, whom I've never met but we have traded emails.

It was a really good haul for Christmas this year, including:
  • The Trouble with Poetry and Other Poems, by Billy Collins
  • New and Selected Poems: Volume 2, by Mary Oliver
  • Billy Collins Live: A Performance at the Peter Norton Symphony Space, April 20, 2005 (CD with an introduction by Bill Murray)
  • Magnetic Poetry Poetry Stand, for work
  • And my favorite: Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre chronograph stainless steel watch with black face. I had it sized today (metal band) and find myself just staring at it. I've wanted a good watch for a while, and Santa came through nicely...!

And even though Arizona State didn't beat the spread against Rutgers, I'm still a bet, or more specifially a beer, up with my brother on the college bowls.

Happy new year!

2 comments:

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Oh man, you're reading with Lois? Awesome--she's in my biweekly Thursday night workshop. I didn't realize she was reading at the Tattered Cover. You'll love her. :-)

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to meeting her!