Monday, March 06, 2006

Orange

As in Orange Crush, similar then to the crush I have on Reese Witherspoon, but I don't mean orange in that context. Rather, I mean it like so:



Red bird-of-paradise leaves in winter color. Each leaf is about 1/5 inch long.
. . . .



Indian blanket, planted and growing indeed like a blanket in my neighbor's courtyard.
. . . .



Desert globeballow, among the first blooms of the season, which lasts all spring and summer and often into fall. This flower is about 1/2 inch wide.
. . . .



Desert globemallow from a different perspective, with its soft, silvery, jagged-toothed leaves.
. . . .



Orange bell flower from the large bush in our backyard. As opposed to the other photos of this series, this was taken in the evening, a day after I took all the morning shots. I saw this single flower and, knowing I needed more orange (because, let's admit it, the first two photos here are a bit of a stretch for that color), I promptly dashed out in the last light of the day.
. . . .



Very close view of that same flower. This reminds me of those old, hardbound math textbooks where you had to guess what the microscopic or collection of items on the front cover actually are.
. . . .


I expect a sudden flurry of white tomorrow, though not the chilly crystalline kind, I'm afraid.

No comments: