Sunday, May 28, 2006

If my name was Gregg...

... I'd be a pretty lucky guy, because I'd share my name with Gregg's mist, Eupatorium greggii, not only the preferred flower of the regal Queen butterfly, but a beauty in its own right. The Gregg's mist in our backyard is just beginning to bloom after a long growing season, and so far (to our count) has been visited both by Queen and Western Tiger Swallowtail butterflies.

A few photos on a gloriously mild, 86-degree desert summer day:


Gregg's Mist.
Gregg's mist blooms, about the width of a quarter for the entire grouping.
. . . .



Gregg's Mist.
A bit closer view; the pink in the background is our wall of Bougainvillea.
. . . .



Gregg's Mist and Pineapple Guava.
Gregg's mist grows among Pineapple Guava, a proficient bloomer itself this year (yet, in five seasons, no fruit yet I'm sad to report).
. . . .



Gregg's Mist, Bouganvilliea, and Sonoran fountain.
Gregg's mist, Bougainvilliea, and Pineapple Guava surround a Sonoran fountain along the garage wall of our backyard.
. . . .

Ah, it's good to be back to some photos!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

The last one is my favorite in this series. Love it!