Wednesday, May 24, 2006

An Orion Kind of Day!

This morning I received a personal invitation from The Orion Society to attend its Colorado River Convergence, which features a covey of excellent environmental writers and regular Orion magazine contributors like Alison Hawthorne Deming and Gary Nabhan discussing the environmental, cultural, and economic fate of the Southwestern U.S. (and, I assume, beyond). It's September 29 to October 1 in Moab, Utah, and I'm going to try to make it. I've asked garden writer and friend Scott Calhoun if he would like to tag along, as well.

Then, later this morning, I received the great news that Orion magazine is accepting my poem "Wild Mint" for publication in an upcoming issue. Wahoo! Orion is an awesome publication and I'm both delighted and humbled to be a part of it.

Hmmm, perhaps today is the day to buy lottery tickets....

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yay!! Way to go, Simmons!

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Thanks. And then just a bit ago I got a call from Grist, the e-zine, saying I won $250 in a contest! I'm telling you, it's lottery time!

Suzanne said...

Play those numbers!!!

Congratulations on the contest, too! Whoo-hoo!