Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Postcard from Florence, Oregon: The Beach!

With no time to lose, we dashed out to the beach this morning before my flight back to Tucson. In the final postcard of the trip I'll post some sublime beach photos; for now, though, here are some people-at-the-windy-windy-windy-did-I-mention-windy beach photos:


Walking down to the beach, betwixt the grass-covered dunes, was like entering a wind tunnel. No real complaints, though, as it was great to get over there before heading home.
. . . .



The wind and surf provided a good backdrop for what appears to be a bit of a fashion show...!
. . . .



Though there were few shells to be found, the hunt was good fun for our daughters and their cousin.
. . . .



We were interested to find seaweed, jellyfish, crab carapaces, and a few more offerings.
. . . .



And of course, let's not forget that wind!
. . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for something else and found these. Your pictures are great! I live in Florence, thus my interest, and just felt the need to respond about the wind. Would you please take it back with you!?! I love Florence but the wind this time of year is awful, you lucked out though, this time of year we also get a lot of fog. So, despite the wind, you did seem to have an awesome day.

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry I couldn't take the wind with me, though you wouldn't necessarily know that by my hair in that last photo, eh?!