Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Trippin'

As in road trippin', beginning tomorrow from Arizona up to Oregon. It will be quite nice to flee the 108-degree temperatures down here.

Normally we take the wide-paved route along I-10 to I-5 and up California's scorching Central Valley. This time, however, we're taking I-17 north to Flagstaff, then U.S. 89 north through the beautiful red rock areas of Utah, then I-15 north through Salt Lake City and up into Idaho on I-84 and finally over through Oregon on U.S. 20. We're trying to make fairly good time, which will be difficult because of all the cool places to stop on the way: Rainbow Bridge National Monument, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument, Bend, Oregon, etc.

I'll try to tack up some post cards here as we travel, but Internet access may be limited. See ya!

No comments: