Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I Was Made for Loving You

Egads, I just heard the pseudo-Disco KISS song "I Was Made for Loving You," on my way back from lunch. This was from the end of the true KISS in-makeup days, as Disco was all the craze.

A sad, sad sample of lyrics:

Mmmm, yeah..

Oeh hoe hoe.....

Tonight, I wanna give it all to you
In the darkness, there's so much I wanna do
And tonight, I wanna lay at your feet
'cause girl I was made for you... and girl you were made for me...

I was made for loving you baby
And you were made for loving me
And I can't get enough of you baby
Can't you get enough of me...?


I grew up a KISS fan, but even this song, the lone "hit" from 1979's Dynasty album, was too much for my troubled, youthful self to take. It's a pathetic response to the Bee Gees melodrama of the era, and a shameful track on the significant history of KISS's heavy metal rockdom. On the other hand, "2,000 Man," penned by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, wasn't so bad. Neither was some of the stuff on the set of solo albums each from Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley, and Peter Criss. None of that compares to the classic early stuff, like "Gold Gin," "Black Diamond," and even the more poppy stuff like "Rock And Roll All Nite." Look, I don't listen to KISS very much any more, but the band's early albums, not to mention early antics, were awesome. And seeing them in concert was pretty fantabulous, too.

Just thought I'd put that out there. Feel free to flame away....

3 comments:

shann said...

I never was a kiss fan- but have you caught "Gene Simmons' Family jewels" on ...mm A&E or Bravo- it's really strange-

must be why I like it

The Mr_Baby Hour said...

The Ace solo record was easily the best one......even though I was in love with Peter and pretended to like it the best when it was probably the worst... And who could forget the immortal Gene Simmons lyric "Livin' in Sin at the Holiday Inn..." That was a classic:)

Sorry for the shocking lack of response to your very kind comments. Brian and I are beyond exhausted... It seems to take at least a month to get to things. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello on behalf of both of us. Maybe we can get together if you make it back up to Oregon...

-Tina

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Hey Tina, thanks for checking in! We'll be up there again some time, though not perhaps for another couple years. Do you ever make it back down to Tucson?