Saturday, February 24, 2007

Hope to See You at AWP!

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of old (and new) friends at the annual AWP (Association of Writers and Writing Programs) conference, in Atlanta, Georgia, from March 1-3, 2007.

I'm chairing and participating in the "What's the Conversation Rate of Euros? Americans Publishing Abroad" panel on Saturday, March 3, from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. That's at North Court East, 2nd Floor, Hilton Atlanta. The panelists, all of whom have published a book through Ireland's Salmon Poetry, and their topics are:
  • Marck Beggs - The Company We Keep: the Association of the Poet and the Press
  • Michael Heffernan - The advantages of an overseas, and in this case a transatlantic angle on one's work as a way of focussing, heightening and expanding
  • John Hildebidle - How I met the publisher, and some things about writing at Knockeven
  • Simmons Buntin - Marketing a book published overseas (especially highlighting online efforts)
And let me put a shout out for the Tucson Literary Orgs "Tucson Heat: A Big Sexy Reading" on Thursday, March 1, from 8:00 to 10:30 p.m. at the Midtown Tavern, 554 Piedmont Avenue. I won't be participating in that, but I'll definitely be in the audience. Some of my favorite poets, including Terrain.org editorial board member Deborah Fries, will be reading. Get more info at AWP Bookfair table #270.

I'm hoping to get together with a few folks---Gina, Eduardo, Deborah, and Jake among them---so ping me if you're one of them (and even if you're not).

No comments: