Wednesday, April 25, 2007

This is going to be...

... one amazingly magical summer! Sure, we've got trips scheduled and such. But what I'm really excited about is how Harry Potterish this summer will be:


  • The fifth movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, comes out on Friday, July 13. Check out this kick ass preview.

  • The seventh and final book, weighing in at 784 pages, is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which comes out just a week later, on Saturday, July 21. I'll be dressing up as Dumbledore for the midnight book extravaganza. More info on the book here.

  • Great information about HP is always available at MuggleNet.com.

Color me scarlet and gold, for Gryffyndor, of course!

3 comments:

jd said...

I didn't think my son Bret's excitment about this Harry Potter summer could be surpassed. Clearly, your enthusiasm has topped his.
We have preordered the Book on CD and I suspect we will be in attendence opening night.

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Yes, I probably need help, it's true. I'm listening to all the CDs--about 1/4 way through the fifth book now--before the release of the final book. It's a great way to commute, for sure.

shann said...

Another poet and I always appear at the Richmond Children's Museum as part of the Poetry Society of Virginia educational work- we write spells-

the cool thing is- Patsy Bickerstaff, a nominee for poet laureate of virginia is a dead ringer for maggie smith- we've had kids and parents stop dead in their tracks when they see her in her velvet cloak and hat!

I do my favorite spell a lot- reservasationis- dinner out!