Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Small World

I'm telling you, it is not easy concentrating on work or other matters, for that matter, with the upcoming release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

But here's a little something not related which fits into the "small world" category. My neighbor (and fiction writer) Al Sim and I were both just accepted by South Dakota Review, and will appear in the same (September, I think) issue. SDR accepted my poem "Shine," while one of Al's New Mexico-set Los Huertos stories was accepted. Neither of us knew the other had submitted to the journal (we don't keep tabs on each others' submissions, though we chat a bit here and there, and Terrain.org has published one of Al's Los Huertos stories, as well). It's a small world, no?

And now back to our regularly scheduled Pottermania.
.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congrats!

Shann Palmer, blog admin said...

What a hoot! and yeah, you!