Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bits

A few quick updates before classes begin again this Thursday:

  • My wife Billie has been nominated for Vail School District's "Teacher of the Year Award." Woo hoo, Billie! I know she's not seen much on this blog, and that's because she's usually working while I get to scramble around with the girls. Fingers crossed, babe!
  • The Civano Community School has been named a finalist in the Go Green with ALL greenest grade school in America contest promoted by the Ellen Show. We'll find out Friday if we win!
  • What do HOAs, miniature horses, and unnecessary special meetings have in common? Read my latest Next American City magazine blog entry to find out: "A Boy and His Horse, and the HOA Too."
  • This semester, in the University of Arizona MFA in creative writing program, I'm taking the nonfiction workshop and an environmental poetry craft class (not a workshop, though I'm hoping to write some new poems, as it's been a very long time), both taught by Alison Hawthorne Deming, who rocks!
  • Have I mentioned lately that I'll be at AWP?

More soon, maybe.

No comments: