Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Good News: The Sum of All Species

I'm delighted to report that my essay "The Sum of All Species" was just awarded the 2007 Mid-American Review Creative Nonfiction Award, judged by W. Scott Olsen, and will appear in the April/May 2008 issue. Woo hoo!

Why, I might even be able to use the award money to help pay for the Wildbranch Writing Workshop in Vermont in June (assuming I'm accepted, and I've yet to actually apply, but with faculty like Scott Russell Sanders, Sandra Steingraber, and Janisse Ray, I'm definitely interested). I've never been to a writing workshop or retreat -- or to Vermont for that matter. Both sound pretty great during what is usually the Sonoran desert's warmest week of the year.

2 comments:

jd said...

Congratulations Simmons. Looks like your non-fiction writing career continues to be a success. Enjoy Vermont.

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Thanks! Now when are you going to get your blog back up?