Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wildflowers, Wildflowers, Wildflowers

I returned yesterday from two extraordinary days of wildflower hunting in the mountains north of Tucson and east of Phoenix (Superstitions, Dripping Springs, Apache Leap, and points thereby). I went with my friend Scott Calhoun and three other landscape designers and folks I hadn't met before: Julie from Chicago, Hilary from Indiana (from England originally), and Judy from here in Tucson.

We had a great time stumbling upon wildflowers, talking shop, raging on the current political administration, and eating chile rellenos. The twist-cap Australian wine was pretty good, too.

We saw so much, and I took so many photos, that I've divided the trip into three galleries, and I hope you'll visit all three!

Dripping Springs Mountains Wildflowers



View all 58 Dripping Springs Mountains wildflower photos >>

.

Boyce Thompson Arboretum



View all 16 Boyce Thompson Arboretum photos >>

.

Superstition Mountains Wildflowers



View all 75 Superstition Mountains (and Lost Dutchman State Park) wildflower photos >>

Or head on over to the main SimmonsBuntin.com Gallery, where links to these and all galleries are located.

2 comments:

jd said...

Simply beautiful. I've never seen yellow poppies. I thought they only came in red and pink.

Jenn said...

You might find some of your missing flower ids here:

http://www.fireflyforest.com/flowers/

I use her site and it's pretty comprehensive.

LOVE your photos. I can't get that expansive feel with my little digital. Great stuff.