Saturday, July 26, 2008

Daughters at the Desert Museum

Before my recent trip to Denver (look for photos from that over the next week or so), I spent consecutive weekends at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum with my daughters. First my older daughter and a friend attended a Saturday Summer Evening, where we get to shine blacklights in search of scorpions and have loads of fun. Then, the next weekend, my younger daughter and I participated in the "Amphibians and Reptiles" program of the Coati Kids Club.

Below are a few photos, and there are a total of 33 over in the gallery.


Sunset as we drove over Gates Pass in the Tucson Mountains.



My older daughter (right) with her friend.



A Sonoran gophersnake in the cool night lighting of the reptile and invertebrate building.



My younger daughter wearing her Coati Kids Club t-shirt.



A beautiful flower found near the new education center. I should probably know what this is!



A hummingbird in the Desert Museum's hummingbird aviary.



View to the southwest from the Desert Museum.

Check them all out in the gallery now!

2 comments:

Carolyn Anne Anderson said...

Beautiful Photos Neighbor!
(as usual)

Allan Peterson said...

It's a passion flower. You knew that