Friday, November 14, 2008

My Not My Poem

So I'm late to this game, I guess, but I just stumbled upon the Issue 1 anthology, created by the folks over at for godot. It features poetry by something like 3,500 poets (the anthology is 3,785 pages). Except none of the poems were actually written by the poets, including mine (not mine) on page 263, titled "Loitering."

It reminds me of the line by Buddy Pine (a.k.a. Syndrome) in The Incredibles: "And when everyone is special, no one is special."

A statement on the ubiquity of poets and poetry across the web, mayhaps?

My only concern is that someone might enjoy this "Loitering" more than my own work. Ah, the risks of being a "poet!"

2 comments:

PORCHE ` said...

I came across your daughter's letter to santa from last year it was so cute :)

Hope you have a good holidays !

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Thanks Porche!