Sunday, March 29, 2009

Southwest Excursion : Part 1

Over spring break, my daughters and I took a road trip from Tucson to Denver and back, putting 2,700 miles on the Honda Fit and visiting seven national parks and monuments (and many great friends) along the way.

Photos and narratives from the first leg of the trip -- Tucson to Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve, by way of Denver and Rocky Mountain National Park -- are now available.

Below are ten of my favorites, and all 83 are available here.


My daughters and me atop Raton Pass, a fun snowstorm at the summit.



My younger daughter at Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument in Colorado.



My older daughter at Rocky Mountain National Park.



My daughters and the daughter of our good friends Jason and Shannan, at Rocky Mountain National Park.



Mount Blanca in south-central Colorado, on the way to the sand dunes.



My daughters at Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve.



Lofty sand dunes and loftier mountain peaks.



My older daughter atop a dune.



Walking the dunes: not as easy at it looks.



Sunset at Great Sand Dunes, an amazing place.

View the full gallery of larger images at:

http://www.simmonsbuntin.com/images/gallery/2009/sw1/index.html

2 comments:

Ben Quick said...

Beautiful photos, Brother Simmons. That looks like one hell of a trip. You're giving me that old incurable disease otherwise known as wanderlust.

Andrew said...

Great to see that sunset..great piece of camera work too.


___________________
Andrew
Instant loans at an attractive low ratesGreat to visit your blog..amazing information..